SUMMER PREPARATION CLASSES
LEVEL 3 (GRADES 1-4)
This class focuses on exploring the world through music in a small
group setting (class size 9-13). The curriculum offers a superior preparation
for later instrumental study, as well as a joyful and exciting introduction
to the many facets of music.
- Writing and reading music- notation and pitch at the same time
- Playing music, especially in ensemble, some emphasis on learning
simple melodies on the glockenspiel
- Movement in response to musical cues, folk dances
- Singing, chanting, and exploring the voice; rounds
- Listening to music and instruments from around the world- exploring
- Individual expression through improvisation, free movement, vocal
exploration, and composing
Materials fees: $70 (includes glockenspiel, tambourine, maracas, musical
spoons, slide whistle, etc.)
Times and Dates:
weekly, from May 21 through June 30.
$70 materials fee due immediately to reserve a space. Tuition
($230) due at the first lesson.