Beginning Adult Group Piano/Keyboard
In this six week, introductory class, beginning students focus on playing familiar tunes and on adding simple left hand accompaniments. Class size is limited to 5 students, aged 13-adult. Students must have regular access to either a piano or an electric keyboard (48-key minimum, full sized keys).
- Deciphering music notation at the keyboard
- Using arpeggios (broken chords) to explore the resonance of your instrument
- Playing from "Fake Books"
- Understanding, and playing in the keys of C, F, G
- Beginning improvisation (I guarantee you can do this!)
- Playing by ear for fun
Cost: $380 (includes all materials)
Dates and Times: Please choose one section.
Classes meet weekly, from May 21 through June 30.
Lessons 1-3 are 90 minutes long. Lessons 4-6 are 60-75 minutes long.
Section A Monday 8:00 p.m. Section B Friday 2:00 p.m.
$190 deposit due immediately to reserve spot. Balance ($190) due at first class.