Advancing Adult Group Piano/Keyboard
This six week class is intended for students who have a knowledge of music, and would like to work on keyboard skills. Often enrollment includes both students with no keyboard experience and ones with considerable experience (up to 10 years). I will create leveled sections, based on actual enrollment. We will focus on practice techniques, unique to the piano, which allow for rapid mastery of two independant parts, played at the same time, and also on using the keyboard to quickly create and play harmonies. Students must have regular access to either a piano or an electric keyboard (48 key minimum, full sized keys). I have a limited number of keyboards available for free summer loans.
- Practice techniques for mastering multiple lines of music, played at the same time
- Easily deciphering music notation on the Grand Staff (both clefs)
- Using arpeggios to bring out the resonance of the piano
- Quickly creating harmonies using the keyboard
- Playing from "Fake Books"
Cost: $370 (includes all materials)
Dates and Times: Classes meet weekly, Tuesdays at 8:00, from May 22 through July 1.
$185 deposit due immediately to reserve spot. Balance ($185) due at first class.