Level Three ADVANCED ENSEMBLE CLASS
This class builds on the groundwork laid down in the first two years of the curriculum. Classes continue to focus on exploring the world through music in a small group setting (class size 9-13).
- Individual expression through improvisation, composition, vocal exploration, and movement
- Writing and reading music- notation and pitch at the same time, using common musical forms
- Playing music, especially in ensemble, with new melody instruments-
- Lap Harp, Recorder, Dulcimer
- Movement in response to musical cues, more complex folk dances
- Singing, chanting, and exploring the voice- rounds and multi-part choruses
- Listening to longer pieces- The Magic Flute, Pictures at an Exhibition, Scenes from Childhood
Hands on experimentation with many acoustic instruments
Tuition: $440/semester, due twice yearly*
Materials fee: $100 (includes Lap Harp, Soprano Recorder, Wood Spoons, and music)
Times and Dates:
Academic Year classes meet weekly, from September 16, 2019- April 18, 2020.
Two class times are currently open:
Class Parent Meeting Tuesday 4:30-5:30 Sat. 9/20, 1:30-2:45 Saturday 11:15-12:15 Sat. 9/20, 1:30-2:45
$100 materials fee due immediately to reserve a space. Semester payments are due September 15 and January 15.
*or $100/month, 9 month installment plan