(4-5 YEAR OLD CLASS)
This class focuses on exploring the world through music in a small
group setting (class size 8-12). This curriculum offers a superior
preparation for later instrumental study, as well as a joyful and
exciting introduction to the many facets of music.
- Writing and reading music
- Hands on exploration of many acoustic instruments (Violin, Bass,
Trumpet, Trombone, Dulcimer, etc.)
- Playing music, in ensemble and at home
- Movement in response to musical cues (high/low, loud/soft, short/long,
- Singing, chanting, and exploring the voice
- Listening to sounds of nature and of the home, and to music and
instruments from around the world
- Individual expression through improvisation, free movement, vocal
exploration, and composing
Tuition: $400/semester, due twice yearly*
|Materials fee: $100 (includes glockenspiel, tambourine,
lollipop drum, wood agogo, home manipulates, etc.)
Times and Dates:
Academic Year classes meet on Mondays, 1:15-2:15, from September 16,
2019- April 18, 2020.
A parent meeting will be held Sunday, September 15, 2:00-3:15
$100 materials fee due immediately to reserve a space.
Semester payments are due September 15 and January 15.
* or $90/month, 9 month installment plan